Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Pewter - Kitten on Back - Sketch for Oil Painting

This is a sketch of Pewter sleeping on the couch as a kitten. I will post updates on this piece as I work. This is going to be an oil painting on board


I am going to take some artist license with the couch and background. What I do is use tracing paper on top of the original sketch to layout a new drawing. This way I can keep moving elements around until I find something that works. I do work from photos, and now with the digital camera it is so easy to collect reference material. When the final sketch is complete I'll post it.

3 comments:

Jennifer MacNeill said...

LOVE the sketch of your adorable kitty!

Cathy said...

I love to see the first sketches of paintings as they are in the process. Gorgeous kitty and your finished works are lovely.

Screen Doors Concord said...

Nice blog thanks for postinng